Glossary of Events at Mount Saint Joseph Academy
- Freshman Tea: A social reception for 9th-grade students to introduce their parents to their teachers and to meet new families.
- Open House: This event is held the third week of October to welcome prospective parents and students.
- Mornings at the Mount: An opportunity for a more personal time to hear about the high school process for 6th-, 7th-, and 8th-grade parents.
Back to School Night: An evening to follow your daughter’s schedule and hear about the first semester course of study. Following this is the Parents Association Meeting. A second Back to School Night is held in late January for the second semester courses and meeting teachers.
Parents Association: All parents are members of the Association. The group functions in service to the Mount community by hosting receptions at school, being mentors to incoming parents, participating in and assisting in the major fundraiser, Celebrauction, and other Mount events.
- Celebrauction: This event is held the first Saturday in March for the entire Mount community. It is one of the largest fundraisers the Mount hosts. The proceeds of this evening directly impact the operation of the school.
- Aid for Friends: Parents Association morning of service to the elderly. This event is held In early January.
- Minding Your Mind: A new program for students, faculty and parents sponsored in conjunction with the Parents Association on mental health issues. Look for postings and dates on the school calendar. E blasts will be sent throughout the year.
Golf Classic: This event is generally held at the end of September or beginning of October. The purpose of the outing is to build our financial aid fund by contributing to the Endowment. These monies directly assist deserving young women to be able to attend the Mount, and to receive financial assistance.
President’s Reception: This event is to thank and encourage the Mount community to continue to giving in support the Mount Found at a leadership gift level.
Honors Convocation: Students from grades 10 through 12, whose GPA is a 3.8 and above are acknowledged and honored. Students will be inducted into the honor societies at this time.
Magazine Drive: Students participate in raising funds for the Endowment, specifically financial assistance.
Miles of Magic 5k: Current student and alumnae sponsor this event in honor of the Stephanie Leonards Roman Scholarship Fund.
Women as Founders Week: A week-long experience of presentations and experiences from students enrolled in the seminar course and from alumnae, for the entire school to experience a deeper understanding of our mission and to encourage their participation in advancing the mission.
Quizzo: A trivia night for all parents, alumnae and friends of the Mount. This fundraiser directly contributes to the Firebirds Robotic team.
Harvest Club Dinner: A dinner to thank donors, board of directors, volunteers, committee chairs, moderators, and administration who have worked hard to advance the mission of the Mount.