The educational philosophy at the Mount is built upon the mission, charism and tradition of the Sisters of Saint Joseph. Teachers and students alike are challenged to dream big and journey deep and to always serve the dear neighbor with joy and openness.
Choosing the Mount means distinctive opportunities that empower students to boldly lead. A personalized and dynamic curriculum allows the young women in our care to engage in collaborative STEM learning, participate in college-level courses, serve others while gaining research experience—and much more.
Special curricular features include:
- Diocesan Scholars Program: Dual enrollment agreement with local Catholic colleges and universities
- Women as Founders Seminar Course: A mission-aligned course where students select a research project centered around a social issue of personal significance
- Integrated math and science curriculum where teachers collaborate to effectively teach the subjects together
- Principles of Engineering and Design course
- Print and broadcast Journalism courses
- Advanced Placement Program
- One-to-One iPad for all students