College Counseling Program
Welcome to College Counseling!
Mount Saint Joseph Academy’s team of college counselors prepares, guides and advocates for students in the ever-evolving college process. College Counselors emphasize individual student success while promoting long-term fulfillment in college, career and beyond. In partnership with families, college counselors work to ensure an intentional college fit for each student with a focus on continued intellectual, emotional and spiritual growth. College Counseling utilizes a holistic approach, encompassing a comprehensive curriculum for grades 9-12, from exploration, to application, to matriculation.
of Mount graduates attend post-secondary institutions
# of different post-secondary institutions our graduates selected
# of college acceptances for class of 2023
in Scholarships for Class of 2023
STANDARDIZED TESTING INFORMATION
- Offered: 7 times/yearDuration: 3 hours, 45 minutes
- Sections: Math, Critical Reading, Writing
- Cost: $55
- Max. Score: 800 per section
- Registration: SAT registration deadlines fall approximately five weeks before each test date. Check the College Board website for specific dates.
- Colleges and universities use the SAT to assist in admission decisions, however, it is important to reach out to the school to be certain of their admission process.
- Offered: 6 times/year
- Duration: 3 hours, 3½ hours including essay
- Sections: English, Math, Reading, Science and optional 30-minute Writing Test
- Cost: $60 without Writing Section or $85 with Writing Section
- Max. Score: 36
- Scoring: One ACT score (1 to 36) is earned on each test (English, Math, Reading and Science) as well as a composite ACT score, which is an average of the four tests.
School Code/CEEB Code: 393390. Students are required to use the Mount’s CEEB code each time when registering for a standardized test.
Detailed information regarding each standardized test can be found on the College Board Website and the ACT website.