Curriculum & Block Scheduling
Choosing the Mount means distinctive opportunities that empower students to boldly lead. A personalized and dynamic curriculum allows the young women in our care to engage in collaborative STEM learning, participate in college-level courses, serve others while gaining research experience—and much more.
View our Program of Study for details on MSJA's course offerings.
Course Selection Tools:
- Credit Tracker
- Canvas Parent Account
- Download the Program of Study
- For more information on grading, tests and academic progress, please refer to our Student Handbook.
- Diocesan Scholars Program: Dual enrollment agreement with local Catholic colleges and universities
- Women as Founders Seminar Course: A mission-aligned course where students select a research project centered around a social issue of personal significance
- Integrated math and science curriculum where teachers collaborate to effectively teach the subjects together
- Principles of Engineering and Design course
- Print and Broadcast Journalism courses
- Advanced Placement Program
Collegiate BLOCK SCHEDULING
Our collegiate-inspired block scheduling has become a definitive part of a distinctive Mount education.
Traditionally, a high school student takes eight 40 minute classes every day, all school year. At the Mount, we redistribute that time in order to give our students a comprehensive and engaging education. Modeling college schedules, the Mount holds classes in four 80 minute blocks for half a school year.