Information for New Students
We are excited to welcome new families to our community for the 2023–2024 school year!
We have gathered the information that we think you will find most helpful as you prepare for your transition to the Mount community. You'll find health forms and transportation information and much more.
Please check your Enrollment Portal to be sure you've completed your check list. Please let this webpage serve as a resource to you, but feel free to reach out to email@example.com with any questions.
IMPORTANT DATES & SCHOOL CALENDAR
- For dates when we have early dismissals, late starts, and no class days, please refer to our important dates document.
Note: dates and schedules are subject to change. The school's web calendar is also updated and a useful point of reference.
TECHNOLOGY IN THE CLASSROOM
- Each student is required to bring an iPad that meets the Mount requirements to be set-up at freshman orientation (dates will be announced) and use throughout the year.
- Complete the registration at: iPad Registration
- Students will be assigned an email address at their orientation.
- Every freshman student will also need a graphing calculator.
- Option summer sessions in math and english are taught by Mount faculty members
- The sessions are for students who would like to brush up on some skills in Math and/or English before the beginning of the new school year. All incoming 9th graders are welcome to register!
- Work to be completed over the summer can be found by contacting the studies office or on Canvas.
- Freshmen have summer assignments in Math (Algebra 1, Honors Algebra 1, or Honors Algebra 2) and in English (Intro to Writing and Literature or Honors Intro to Writing and Literature).
- Get to know the Athletics Page, where you'll find news, coach information, policies, tryout information, upload your PIAA physical form and much more.
- Make sure you have contacted your coach and get on his/her email list for any important information about your sport (ex. training and conditioning programs, tryout expectations, equipment needed, etc.)
- Fall tryouts begin in August. Any student who makes a team will be expected to be available for practice times on campus for the remainder of the summer. She will not be excused from practices or games because of family vacations, so please plan accordingly.
- We send communications to our families using the contact information that appears in your student’s application.
- If you do not begin to receive emails from the Academy after you enroll, please contact the Admissions Team.
- School District Busing: Many public school districts within 10 miles of the Mount provide busing to our school free of charge. Please check with your local school district regarding the services they provide. The Mount does not coordinate or influence bus routes, schedules or stops.
- Private Busing: For a number of areas outside the 10 mile radius of the Mount, we provide Private busing routes in a joint effort with La Salle College High School.
- Learn about the many ways you can travel to the Mount on our Transportation page.