Tuition & Financial Aid
Paying for your daughter's high school education can be expensive. The Mount provides financial assistance to ensure that the students admitted have a realistic chance to enroll, regardless of their financial circumstances. The Mount has financial aid available for middle income families as well as low income families.
- 2019-2020 Tuition & Fees
- Financial Aid Application
- Financial Aid Policy
- How To Pay For Your Mount Education
- 529 Plan Account Owners
Mount Saint Joseph Academy (MSJA) believes that qualified students who desire a Catholic, private, college-preparatory education should not be denied that opportunity because of economic hardship. Thus, we are proud to offer financial aid (for qualifying new and existing MSJA families) that makes an MSJA education accessible to talented students from economically diverse experiences. Please note that a financial aid application for a new family can only be processed if the student’s admission application is complete.
MSJA utilizes the ISM (Independent School Management) online service Financial Aid for School Tuition (FAST) to process applications. FAST will be the standard submission format for all applications. Click here to download the Parent User Guide.
- Click on the “FAST” logo below:
- Click “Start Application” to begin.
- The application process is self-guided. You may navigate in and out of the program allowing you to partially complete an application and go back to it at another time. FAST has a 24/7/365 helpline available to you should you have any questions, which can be reached by calling 1-877-326-FAST (3278).
- The charge for the application is $45.00 and to be paid by credit card (Visa, MasterCard or American Express) after all sections have been completed.
- After completing the online application you will be required to scan or mail your 2018 tax documents (Federal taxes including all schedules and W-2s) to FAST for verification purposes:
Independent School Management
Attn: FAST Processing Center
1316 N. Union Street
Wilmington, DE 19806
- Financial Aid applications can be submitted beginning September 4, 2019. To be considered for financial aid, you must complete your online application by October 18, 2019 for an incoming freshman (class of 2024) and early December 2019 for an upperclass student. All applications must be complete in order to be considered for financial aid.
- Your tax return must follow the submission of the online application and be submitted to FAST by the deadline noted above.
FAST provides a need-based financial aid analysis service which includes a recommendation of what a family should reasonably contribute toward tuition. All information from FAST is kept confidential. After considering all timely applications, the MSJA Financial Aid Committee determines the award amount. The Financial Aid Committee uses the FAST report as an assessment tool; however, final award decisions reside within the Financial Aid Committee.
A new tax legislation includes a provision that permits 529 plan account owners to use assets to pay for qualified K-12 tuition expenses up to $10,000 per year, per student. Account owners can treat qualified K-12 withdrawals as qualified expenses with respect to the federal and Pennsylvania state tax benefits. For additional guidance on this new provision, please consult a qualified tax advisor about your personal situation.