Financial Aid Application for 2018-19
Mount Saint Joseph Academy (MSJA) believes that qualified students who desire a Catholic, private, college-preparatory education should not be denied that opportunity because of economic hardship. Thus, we are proud to offer financial aid (for qualifying new and existing MSJA families) that makes an MSJA education accessible to talented students from economically diverse experiences. Please note that financial aid application for a new family can only be processed if the student’s admission application is complete.
MSJA utilizes the online service of ism’s Financial Aid for School Tuition (FAST) to process applications.FAST will be the standard submission format for all applications.
- Click on the “FAST” logo below:
- Click “Start Application” to begin.
- The application process is self-guided. You may navigate in and out of the program allowing you to partially complete an application and go back to it at another time. FAST has a 24/7/365 helpline available to you should you have any questions, which can be reached by calling 1-877-326-FAST (3278).
- The charge for the application is $43.00 and to be paid by credit card (Visa, MasterCard or American Express) after all sections have been completed.
- After completing the online application you will be required to scan or mail your 2017 tax documents (Federal taxes including all schedules and W-2’s) to FAST for verification purposes:
Independent School Management
Attn: FAST Processing Center
1316 N. Union Street
Wilmington, DE 19806
- Financial Aid applications can be submitted beginning September 1st. To be considered for financial aid, you must complete your online application by October 31, 2018 for an Incoming Freshman (class of 2023) and early December, 2018 for an Upperclassman.All applications must be complete in order to be considered for financial aid.
- Your tax return must follow the submission of the online application and be submitted to FAST by the deadline noted above.
FAST provides a need-based financial aid analysis service which includes a recommendation of what a family should reasonably contribute toward tuition. All information from FAST is kept confidential. After considering all timely applications, the MSJA Financial Aid Committee determines the award amount. The Financial Aid Committee uses the FAST report as an assessment tool; however, final award decisions reside within the Financial Aid Committee.