Athletics and COVID-19
You can view the MSJA Return to Play document here.
The plan will permit the resumption of practices and games/contests based on guidance from federal, state, and local governments, the CDC, Pennsylvania Department of Health, and the PIAA.
Before MSJA can resume any formal practices for fall sports, the coaching and athletic staff must complete training on how to screen athletes and staff for symptoms of COVID-19.
The athletic department expects all coaches to have training completed by July 5, with the start date to begin workouts, July 6.
It is unclear what athletic competitions will look like if/when they resume. That will depend on the type of sports and “Phase of Participation” designation for Montgomery County as determined by state and local officials. Details are spelled out in the Return to Play document.
In the coming weeks, the coaching staffs of the fall sports will keep the athletes and parents informed of the status of practices competitions. Questions about specific sports should be directed to coaches.
Thank you for your patience and cooperation as we work to assure that MSJA can resume its athletic programs as safely as possible.
See below for Parent Information on Return to Play
Spring Sports 2021 Spectator Policy - updated 4/14/21
LATEST PIAA ANNOUNCEMENT
- technical difficulties with uploading video of meeting
- please direct any questions to email@example.com
Mount Saint Joseph Academy is committed to providing a safe experience when a student attends a workout with a member of the School’s staff or participates in a sporting or similar event on campus. The School is updating its services to align with the most current guidelines issued by the federal government, including the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (“CDC”), and the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, and Montgomery County.
MSJA has put in place preventative measures to reduce the spread of COVID-19 and to protect its students, coaches, staff and the greater Mount community. These preventative measures include, but are not limited to, as follows:
● Outdoor workout groups and events are capped at 25 people, inclusive of coaches and other staff. If weather does not permit an outdoor workout or event, the School will consider rescheduling or cancel the workout or event.
● Non-essential visitors and spectators may not be present for the workout or event.
● All students are required to bring their own water, sanitizer and towels to the workout or event. Students should not share these items or any other items used to wipe their face or hands with anyone else.
● Students will have NO access to locker rooms and school facilities. Students should bring all belongings to the location of the workout or event and maintain a safe social distance between their belongings and the belongings of other students.
● All students are strongly encouraged to use proper hygiene, including washing their hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds or using hand sanitizer prior to and after a workout or event.
● Students will not share equipment during the workout or event to the extent feasible. If equipment must be shared, the School will endeavor to keep sharing to a minimum and disinfect equipment between use.
● All staff and students are required to wear face masks or cloth face coverings at check-in and may remove them once they have reached the designated workout or event space on the field. However, the School strongly encourages students to continue to wear their face masks or coverings during workouts or events if they cannot maintain at least six (6) feet of separation between themselves and others and are not engaged in rigorous exercise.
● Coaches and staff will wear face masks or cloth face coverings as much as possible.
● All participants must remain at least six (6) feet apart from one another when waiting for the workout or event to begin and after the workout or event concludes. To ensure adequate separation, the School asks that students remain in their vehicles until the workout or event is scheduled to begin and to leave the campus as soon as possible after the workout or event concludes.
● Students are strongly encouraged to maintain at least six (6) feet separation between themselves and others during the workout or event. To the extent possible, coaches and staff will enforce social distancing during the workout or event and will discourage unnecessary physical contact.
● If a student, coach, or staff member experiences symptoms of COVID-19, tests positive for COVID-19, or has been in contact with an individual who has tested positive for COVID-19 within the past two (2)weeks prior to an event or workout, he or she must notify the School as soon as possible and is prohibited from participating in the workout or event until he or she has been cleared to do so.
● Parents/Students must complete:
- Assumption of Risk Liability Waiver & Release Form prior to any participation (see form above)
- Student-Athlete COVID-19 Screening Form must be completed before each workout/practice (see form above)