Welcome to the Student Health Office!
Our school nurse is Mrs. Francie McGovern who is here full time during student school hours. Mrs.McGovern is here to provide first aid and support to students who become ill or injured during the school day or who need health maintenance of a chronic or acute medical condition. Please notify our nurse of any health issues, diagnosis and or medications that could affect a student’s social, academic, or physical activities while at school. Mrs.McGovern can be reached at 215-233-3177 ext 312 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If a student becomes sick during the day she should report to the nurse who will determine the course of treatment. Parental/guardian permission and the nurse’s assessment is needed to allow a student to drive home. Students who do not feel well may rest in the nurse’s office for one block only. If the student still does not feel well the student will be sent home sick.
12th Grade Students
- Students are required to receive a 2nd dose of meningococcal conjugate (MCV) vaccine prior to entering grade 12. If one dose was given at 16 years of age or older that shall count as the twelfth grade dose.
- This vaccine must be completed by the first day of senior year or you risk exclusion from school per PA Department of Health requirements.
11th Grade Students
- Students are required to have a physical exam prior to entering grade 11.
- This requirement is different from the PIAA requirement. Please send your completed physical exam to email@example.com along with any other required health forms for the 2022-2023 school year.
- Please send in a copy of your daughter's vaccination record as she receives any updated immunizations, including COVID-19 vaccinations and boosters, to firstname.lastname@example.org. An image of the COVID-19 card or print out vaccination record from her doctor’s office is required.
- Students with a medical diagnosis and/or food allergies should stop by the nurse’s office during the first week of school for a quick check in and to drop off any medications. Students who have written consent to carry emergency medication need to check in with school nurse Mrs. McGovern with her medication.
- As a reminder, no medication including OTC (over-the-counter) medication can be administered without the medication consent being signed by both a parent/guardian and a licensed prescriber. Students are not permitted to carry any medication including OTC medication on themselves unless it is an emergency medication that has a written consent on the medication consent form.