Summer at the Mount offers all the best Mount Saint Joseph Academy has to offer—along with glorious summer sunshine! Each year, the Mount invites middle school girls to enjoy a variety of fun new experiences through immersive, hands-on camps. There is something for everyone, with camp choices ranging from STEM and various Sports, to Glee, Visual Arts and Culinary.
Flexible schedules are designed to allow campers with varied interests to enroll in multiple camps and tailor their own unique experience. Camps are for girls entering grades 5-9 and run June through August. Register now, below!
Contact the MSJA Camp Office at email@example.com with any questions.
summer at the mount camp experiences include...
- Mad Science: Science Madness is a camp that explores all areas of science taught at the Mount and is perfect for science lovers and curious kids to delve deeper! Campers will work together to use Chemistry, Anatomy, Physics, Forensics, and Environmental Science to explore the mysteries of life, and the magic and wonder that lives all around us.
- Camp Innovate: In this exciting STEM-based robotics camp, each camper will work with a group of girls to solve breakout boxes, launch rockets, and design, build, and program a robot! This camp provides a glimpse into the Mount's award-winning robotics program, as it is entirely developed, designed, and directed by students on the MSJA Firebirds robotics team. It is an excellent way to participate in a variety of STEM activities. At Camp Innovate, we believe that when girls are given the opportunity to imagine, create and innovate, they can change the world.
- Camp Glee: If you have a passion for performance, don’t miss this opportunity to meet new friends while learning what it takes to be a star! Camp Glee is open to girls who will be enrolled in grades 5-9 during the upcoming school year. You can choose a half-day or full-day summer camp experience. Camp will run Monday-Friday for two weeks.
Half day session: 9 am-12 pm. $325
Full day session: 9 am-3 pm. $525. Campers must pack a lunch for the full-day session. Camp Glee is a fun and rewarding experience for performers of all skill levels!
- Visual Arts: Calling all budding artists! Visual Arts camp is an exploration of the fundamentals taught within the visual arts program at the Mount. Students will cover two-dimensional drawing, painting, and collage techniques and will create a range of artwork that sparks their curiosity and creativity, while building their skills and confidence.
- Culinary Fundamentals: Calling all foodies! Join us for a fun culinary camp led by a professional chef! Campers will work alongside the Mount’s own Chef Jessica Borkosky to learn knife skills and life skills. In hands-on culinary classes and approachable and achievable (and delicious) recipes, campers will master knife skills, explore global cuisines, learn cooking techniques, and have fun! Chef Jessica will also cover nutrition, ingredient information, and food safety so that your camper comes home happy, healthy...and with lunch already in the bag! Girls entering grades 6-9 in fall 2023 may register.
Our sports camps are run by MSJA's coaching staff and student-athletes. Campers will learn new techniques to help them excel in their sport(s) of choice, get a glimpse of what it's like to play at the high school varsity or JV levels, and experience the benefits of being on a team (or several) at the Mount.
- Field Hockey
- Track & Field